Monday, July 8, 2013

Manicure Mondays #1


This beautiful colour by Essie is one that I would never choose at first glance. It is only during those days when I'm shopping online and I am eager to step out of my box to dabble into something I wouldn't usually mess with that I would purchase a colour like this. And I didn't regret it of course!

I've always loved Essie polishes because the formula is always consistent. The colour is buildable so you can trust that even if it looks sheer the first coat, by the second coat it's as beautiful as you'd expect it to be.

Also, if you're thinking- Ah, Nen Lin, I see you decided to make your accent nail on a different nail...
Well, I truly intended it to be on my second finger! But then you know how you sometimes just go through the motions without even thinking? Kinda like brushing your teeth? Yeah...I was on my middle finger and then I realized I just applied the same polish on the second nail without thinking! Anyway, there was still my ring finger so all hell did not break lose. Phew! Hahaha.

The blue polish that dominates this colour palette on my fingers is Essie in "Avenue Maintain". Two coats.
My accent nail is Mariah Carey by OPI in "Get Your Number", which is part of the Liquid Sand collection. Three coats, because I wanted it to be a deeper, darker blue.
As for the sparkly flakes, they belong to China Glaze in "Luxe and Lush". 



As you can see, the surrounding skin of my nails kind of suck. I am attributing it to my inability to resist peeling dry skin. Probably should moisturize with all the hand creams I have lying around, and not just using them when I want soften them and push my cuticles back.

I hope today has been a great start to the week for all of you!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment