Saturday, April 20, 2013

April Mood Board


I've never done a mood board/polyvore collection/collage like this before but I thought this would be a good time and place to start. I might continue this every month because I quite like this idea. These are just what I'm currently into- the concept of the products or just the products specifically. But at the same time, these are the things that I would most likely not get for myself because of the price tag attached to it (college student with a budget here!). For some of these products, I may have found dupes and alternatives to satisfy my yearnings for a bit...but if I were to ever possess any of these- I WOULD BE SO HAPPY.

1. Laura Mercier Crème de Pistache Soufflé Body Crème- I discovered body souffles a few months ago and the Laura Mercier ones were the first ones I found out about. I watched one of my favourite YouTube beauty vloggers talk about how amazing the body souffles in this Laura Mercier collection were. I think when these first got released, they were selling it as a set. Smaller sizes, but giving the consumer the chance to try out all the four different "flavors" they had to offer. This was about six months ago, and after that when I tried searching for it online, it didn't seem like they sold it anymore. ): ANYHOO, if I were to ever be given the chance to own one of these, I would choose the pistachio one first! As you all already know, I am nuts about body moisturizer, so I go through body lotions and body butters pretty fast. But with the current body souffle I'm using- Philosophy Amazing Grace Whipped Body Creme- I realized it took me less than a month to get to the bottom of the jar, and the one I bought was a decent-sized 8oz. My verdict is, I will go through body souffles pretty fast, so the Laura Mercier one? I'll save it for a special occasion to purchase it!
Retails at $55.00

2. Lately, I've been envisioning myself dressed in tailored pants, fancy blouses and structured blazers. I don't know what sparked this change in me (even though my wardrobe is still filled with clothes you would find in your average college girl's closet) but I've been wanting to just look more....lady-like. Which is not a bad thing of course! But getting what I want always requires a lot of money. People say money don't make you happy...THESE PEOPLE NEED TO GIVE ME THEIR MONEY AND LET ME LIVE. Jokes. Of course there are things that can provide you with happiness that money can't, but that's not the main point of this post. This is not really beauty related, but I love this dress from Suno's first fashion collaboration. I've always been pretty neutral about Uniqlo. This printed belted dress from that collection caught my eye instantly when I was going through the items of this collection! Anyway, whether or not I get this when the collection comes out (it is pretty affordable!) is debatable. Will think about it. But to a more lady-like wardrobe, maybe? (:
Retails at $39.90

3. Oh my God...this Guerlain Rouge G de Guerlain Jewel Lipstick in Gigolo 70...I've been eyeing dark berry red lips on women and I absolutely love it! Found this Guerlain one and just by reading its reviews alone I was totally sold. Unfortunately, due to its hefty price tag, I am better off finding a dupe. Found a NYX Matte lipstick that might make me happy enough to forget about this Guerlain one, but we'll see when I get the NYX one in my mail! :D
Retails at $49.50

4. Keds for Kate Spade New York "Kick" Sneaker. So cute, especially when you're wearing it during the summer!
Retails at $75.00

5. Unintentionally saved this for the last ("save the best for last", anybody?). It's also what I've been wanting for a really long time. I know purchasing this would be somewhat worth it because a little of the product goes a long way...but I can NEVER just buy one and try it out. I want to get the set and possibly the one that was created in collaboration with Nylon (HOW CAN I MISS THIS OUT WHEN I LOVE NYLON MAGAZINE?!). So yeah...Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Pro's Picks Lip Tar Set v2.0 and the "limited edition" Nylon version. Honestly though, what is limited edition anymore? I wonder sometimes...
The set retails at $49.00 and the Nylon edition for $18.00

Let me know what you're going gaga over this month in the comments below! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment