Sunday, March 3, 2013

Cleansing

Age-Defense-BB-Cream-SPF-30-PA+++-Lifestyle-11-1-11

Over the weekend, I sampled the Clinique Age Defense BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30. It's been a while since I used a BB cream, actually, and in fact, the last time I used a BB cream was the first time I used it and found it gave me breakouts. The BB cream was the FIRST thing I've ever purchased myself as a base for my face, so you can imagine how it brought down my spirits (because I thought my skin was so sensitive I couldn't use make-up other girls could! *sad face, sad face, sad face).

lftang888-img600x373-1220283056skin_79_bb_cream-5

This Skin79 Hot Pink Super Plus Beblesh Balm was the one I was using, and every review I read that was out there on the interweb told me that this was the best at that time, especially with Asian skin, AND SO I GOT IT. And breakouts aside, it did make my skin look fantastic! My skin was flawless and I look back at pictures taken then when I used this BB cream and I get kinda sad because I know I won't be able to use it without irritating my skin. My beautician told me that because the molecules in the formula are smaller than your regular foundation, it seeps into your skin to be absorbed, and so people have had problems with the BB cream because they don't cleanse their face properly. And I can see why! You're boasting 10-in-1 properties in your product, you're claiming that it benefits your skin while providing foundation-like coverage, it makes sense! Now, before you think I am NOT washing all that gunk off my face properly, I can assure you- I WAS. I spend a considerable amount of time cleaning my make-up, double-cleansing, all that jazz...but it is what it is.

Anyway, my beautician just told me that the BB cream was bad and asked me to stay away from it (lol).

I never took her advice quite literally, but for my own sake (and my pocket's, since there was no return policy in Malaysia), I never ventured out to try other BB creams anymore. And the reason why I finally did again, AND ALSO THE MAIN POINT OF THIS POST, is because I knew for sure this time that I will be deep-cleaning my made up face at the end of the day.

If you guys don't know already of Clarisonic's existence, I, along with any other beauty fanatic out there, swear by the Clarisonic Sonic System Cleansing Systems!

aria

These brushes deep-cleanse your skin without being harsh, so it's possible for you to use it everyday if you have make-up on your skin on a daily basis! I even use it when I don't have any make-up on, and it's just part of my regular night time skincare routine, so it's definitely not harsh! The brushes are soft and you get to choose the kinds of brush heads (sensitive, normal, deep pore, etc.). It is NOT an exfoliator, but it does the job of cleaning your skin, so much so that I don't even use exfoliators anymore! It is battery-operated, rechargeable and it is waterproof so you can bring it in with you in the shower!

I'm currently using the Clarisonic Aria, and the way this cleansing brush has changed my face is amazing. I no longer worry that I have dirt stuck in my pores that the mere cleanser and water could not reach and I know my serums and creams are being absorbed completely (every serum works so well now I don't know which do I love more anymore...).

When you first start using this, you WILL breakout, but it's only because your skin is purging. The girl at Sephora told me that it's usually within the first two weeks, but it was a month for me. After all, when it comes to your skin, it varies for different people. What I usually do is I'll go through the regular motions of applying my facial cleanser (Lancome Creme Radiance as my night time cleanser) onto my face and when it foams, I'll use the brush to cleanse my face, in a circular motion as well. There's a timer to the brush that tells you when to move to the next part of your face, and the whole process only takes a minute! After that, you just apply your toner, moisturizer, serums or whatever that goes with your regular routine.

And it took me months before I finally bought this, because I wasn't sure whether it would be worth the investment.
Take my word for it, girls. It is. Because the Clinique BB cream that I used last weekend? Did not cause any breakouts at all. I'm willing to go back to Skin79 again to see whether it'll work differently this time, but until then...the Clarisonic is a lifesaver!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment